As you may be aware, it’s almost officially The Holidays. Kwanzaa, Hannukah and Christmas all start in the next week or so. You may or may not be going to events that are related to these holidays. You may or may not have forgotten that you said you’d bring a dessert. You may or may not be averse to picking something up at the store, and insist on making something yourself (this has been covered already). No time to bake a cake? No problem.
As is evident by now, I’m a fan of easy recipes. That’s probably because even the easiest wind up presenting some kind of challenge for me (thanks, incompetence!), but I made this dip, it was super easy, and with the right attitude, you can use it as an appetizer OR a dessert. Or both.
I found this recipe for a fluffy, no-bake cheesecake dip on Something Swanky, served it with a box of halved strawberries (but you can serve it with just about anything cheesecake-friendly, like graham crackers), and it was a hit! It does, however, make a metric ton, so it’s great if you’re feeding a crowd or… y’know… eating it by yourself. Not that I’d know anything about that.
Super Simple Cheesecake Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (this is two bars of cream cheese)
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/2 C marshmallow cream (Marshmallow Fluff, for those who are like “huh?”)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 oz Cool Whip (there are containers of Cool Whip that are just 8 ounces.)
- Graham cracker crumbs for crunchy toppings
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in the marshmallow cream, vanilla, and lemon juice. Beat until smooth. Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed in!
- Mix in the Cool Whip until fully mixed in.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs on top.
You can store this for up to four days in the fridge…if there’s any left.
Thank you, everyone, for reading my blog. This is a fun project I love a lot, and I appreciate your readership! Happy holidays!